Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pray.

Graced Events


To be honest today I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to write about and share with my readers. I was reading through a couple of my devotional books and bible trying to get inspired. I felt like I couldn't find anything that really spoke to me but it did get me to thinking. Sometimes do you feel like your relationship with Christ kind of gets stuck in a rut? Do you sometimes feel like your spiritual life is mediocre? Do you feel like you have done wrong if something doesn't go as planned or go your way? Then I came across this passage:

"Suddenly, looking around, they no longer saw anyone but Jesus alone with them."
Mark 9:8

This passage made me start to think. Jesus was always thrown unplanned moments in his life. Sick people were brought to him. The disciples expected him to feed a hungry crowd. He had to deal with the unexpected storm on the Sea of Galilee. Yet these unplanned experiences turned out to be graced moments. Even his terrible death turned out to be a graced moment for himself and for us. Jesus managed to trust the Father and entrust himself to the Father. Maybe we need to change our attitude's toward the unplanned things that break in our life. Things that are not only unplanned but also interfere with plans we have made. A large number of unplanned events in our lives are not easy or even pleasant. Maybe we should try to see them as graced moments, times when the Lord is specially present to help us do something very good. We need to sit back and remember it is about the kind of life Jesus makes possible for us and be thankful. Live in his grace it makes all the difference in the world!

Spend some quiet time with the Lord.


XoXo Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment