Monday, March 12, 2012

Craft.

Apologizing now for being so MIA with my blogging but here we goooooo!!! Got some great stuff to come this week! The house I live in here in Jackson has a great back porch. I have been brainstorming on things to do to liven it up besides just alot of flowers. So I am going to make some hanging mason jars to go in the tree that is right by our porch. Lets see if this is as easy as they make it seem!

Hanging Mason Jars



The hardest part of this project was figuring out what in the world needle nose pliers are. Now that I have that figured out here is how you make hanging mason jars! This is the tree I wanted to jazz up!

What all you will need:
20 gauge stainless wire
mason jars
needle nose pliers
tea lights
sand or potting soil (all I could find was pink sand, it will just have to do)
optional: paint (if you want to paint your mason jars different colors, I did not)

1. First cut a long piece of wire (long enough to go all the way around the jar and excess for the loops to hang the jar) (my pieces were about 12 inches)

2. Make a loop in the wire and wrap a little wire around to secure in place


3. Hold wire on jar to determine where direct opposite is to form your other loop
 
4. Bend wires and twist to hold them



5. Then trim excess
6. Cut another piece of wire as long as you would like your handle to be
7. Fold a small section of that wire up


8. Then with pliers circle wire around to make it secure

9. Fill the mason jar with sand


10. Add your candle


11. Go hang in your tree!


Enjoy!! These are mine hanging in my treeee!!!
 
 
 
XoXo Bon





No comments:

Post a Comment