Sunday, March 25, 2012

Craft.

So this is what we planted!! NOT!

I love working in the yard and having beautiful plants but I am as far from having a green thumb as anyone can get! So I recruited some help to get 1024 Pinehurst's yard ready for spring/summer. We have our neighbors to the left beat for sure but all the other houses on our street are homes that have pristine yards. Thanks to the help of my good friend Rachel and my mom I thought I would share with y'all a little of my gardening knowledge I have gained just in case you want to do some yourself and enjoy this amazing weather!! First I had to learn what annual and perennial meant (yeah I know, nooo plant knowledge here). Perennial lives longer than two years. Annual last for a year. The perk I found with annuals is each year you can pick new and different plants but each year you have to spend more money (the negative)! Next, I asked Rachel to help me with some empty pots I have on my front porch. The first thing Rachel said was the 3 words: Spiller, Filler, Thriller???? I thought about it and thought about it, not knowing what step to take next. She explained,

Spiller:
Every pot needs a plant that "spills" out of it. I like potato vine or wandering jew.
Filler:
Each pot needs plants that "fills" all the empty space. I like lantana or coleus.
Thriller:
Each pot needs a big plant coming up out of the middle to "thrill" the eye. I like fox glove or shrimp plant or Louisiana iris.

Inspiration! Spill, Fill, Thrill!



What I started with.





What I finished with!! No not really but I wish!

A few of my final products!!



(tomato plant)

Enoy the day! Go green!


XoXo Bon!


No comments:

Post a Comment