Monday, May 21, 2012

Random.

Words of wisdom from my momma

Today at work I was taking care of my patients and had a minute to check my email. I saw I had an email from my mom that was captioned "Hope you take this to heart." I instantly knew it was another one of her life lesson emails she found! I absolutely loved it, shared it with everyone at work and wanted to share it with my readers. Thank you Dr. Slattery for your wonderful email and advice.

Q. I'm struggling with knowing if a guy is a "good guy" or not. My family says I'm too picky when it comes to dating. Can you tell me the qualities I should be looking for in a man?

Juli: There are two sides to this question. Marriage is a lifelong commitment, and you should consider very carefully the man you want to share your life with. On the other hand, many young men and women never commit to marriage because they are looking for the perfect "soul mate." If you believe you've found the perfect guy, look again, because he doesn't exist. The question you asked about what "qualities" to look for is right on. There are some qualities that are essential to building a strong marriage. Here's my list:

A teachable spirit:
You want to marry a man who is willing to grow.

A shared faith:
There are many things in marriage that can be solved by compromise. Faith is not one of them.

Integrity:
Marriage is built on trust.

Kindness:
Marriage is the most vulnerable relationship in the world. In the crucible of sharing life together you want a man who cares about protecting and guarding your feelings.






Think on that!!

XoXo Bon






No comments:

Post a Comment