Monday, May 7, 2012

Pray.

Billboard on our way home from Houston, Tx.

I have a few devotion books that I love so much and usually spin my pray post off of something I read in one of them. Today's entire reading in my Living Faith spoke fully to me. I  wanted to share the whole thing with y'all and leave you with something to think on and pray about.

 1 John 3:20
God is greater than our hearts and knows everything.


"One thing we humans love to have is control. (Well atleast I do.) That's not a terrible thing in itself. We need a certain amount of security in order to bring our best to others. But when the going gets tough and the path to peace dissolves, control of our life usually gets wobbly. That's when it's time to remember this verse from John's letter.

When we are not sure about trusting what is going on in our thoughts and feelings, when we are hesitant to follow the truest link to our heart, it's time to turn to the One who is greater than our hearts. This Spirit who guides us to what is life-giving does know more than we do. We might not like to admit this when we are invaded by overwhelming distress and grasping onto the thinnest straw of calmness. But it's extremely comforting to know Someone will help us find the way to regain our inner peace. If we just let go."
Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.

Today take a break, step back and thank god for giving us peace.  Remember it is not all about us or all about them; it is all about God.





XoXo Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment