Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Craft.

Wine Cork Coasters




Today's craft is something everyone needs laying around the house whether you are entertaining a large crowd or just eating dinner while watching TV. I have a mirrored side table and whenever I put a drink on it I have a water ring. So I decided I needed a coaster. We are going to make wine cork coasters! This craft can take you under an hour to complete a few! Here we go:


What all you will need:
wine corks (7 corks per coaster)
hot glue gun
knife
ribbon/fabric



First you need to cut the corks into small pieces. Try to make them as even as possible. Its kind of hard to get them exactly even. I cut each cork into 3 pieces. You will need 19 small pieces per coaster.

Second glue them together. You want a row of 3,4,5,4,3 (glue 3 corks together, then 4, then 5, etc..)

Third you need to glue a ribbon around the outside to add something cute and to make sure it will hold together. I just went to Hobby Lobby and got some different colored ribbons.



The finished product!!!


Hope yall enjoy! This took about 15 minutes max!

XoXo Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment