Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pray.

Sorry this post is so late but hopefully it will find some of you right before you head to bed. When I moved to Jackson my roomates gave me the most amazing gift (thanks Cat and V). If you don't have the devotional book Jesus Calling you need to go out and buy it tomorrow!


It some how speaks to what I am thinking about or struggling with every single day. Today I was sitting at work when it slowed up and got to read the passage of the day. The reading was all about trusting in the Lord and being thankful. So today's post is all about being 'Thankful' for the little things in life. The things that we all seem to take for granted the most. How often do you pause to appreciate what you have in life? Slowly as I have grown up, I have begun to appreciate things around me more. As I saw more and more of the world out there, I realized all the things I have been given are not rights, but privileges. At work today I decided to make a list of the things I am thankful for. Here is part of my list: (some more serious then others)
1. Laughter
2. Teamwork
3. Forgiveness
4. Hope
5. Trust
6. Coffee
7. Sisters
8. Dreams
9. The Ocean
10. Old Photographs
11. Prayer
12. Flowers
13. Books
14. Best Friends
15. Socks
16. Family
17. Vegetables
18. Sense of sight
19. Good health
20. The Sun
21. Happiness
22. Sadness
23. My Job
24. Music
25. Life
26. Love
27. Life's challenges
28. My bed
29. Clean sheets
30. Time

So I challenge all my readers to look at the bright side of life. Be thankful for the little things cause those can be the things that make you the happiest and guide you most on your journey with the lord.


Passages to read over!

Psalm 141:8
For my eyes are toward You, O God, the Lord; In you I take regufe; do not leave me defenseless.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Colossians 2:6-7
Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

XoXo Bon

1 comment:

  1. Bon,

    I bought this book this morning and had my first devotion. It is wonderful! Thanks for posting.

    -Sara Jane

    ReplyDelete