Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Random.DIY.

Lamp Shade Makeover

I went to Anthropologie the other day and they had the cutest lamp shades. I think a lamp shade can make a lamp and space look much more put together. I did a little internet surfing and found a lamp shade that I wanted to copy. It didn't look like it would be that hard and the shade actually turned out great! Wanted to share it with my readers so each of you could do it. It took about 1 hour and cost about $10.00.

Lamp shades from Anthropologie that were my inspiration!




This is what I wanted mine to look like and the shade that I tried to duplicate


What you need:
lamp shade
glue sticks
glue gun
burlap
iron
scissors

My shade!


1. First you need to cut your burlap into strips the larger the strips the larger the ruffle you have. The width of the ruffle I think depends on the size of the lamp shade. My shade was pretty big.


2. Fold each of the strips and iron them in half 



3. Next take a strip apply glue to where the fabric folds and just shape it on the lamp shade in the design you want. Try to scrunch it and make it look wavy. I did mine evenly spread and then went back in and filled in the spaces just to make sure I had enough burlap.


Finished product! Its extremely easy to do. Just be ready to get burned just a little bit!! 




Enjoy! 

XoXo Bon


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I wonder if I can get one more crafty project in before Baby? I like this one!

    ReplyDelete