Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Random.DIY.


Easy and Cheap DIY Wreath



I needed a new wreath for our little house in Belhaven. I loved this one when I saw it! All you need is a few things from Hobby Lobby and about 15 minutes and you are done!

What you will need:
  • wreath ($5)
  • letter ($2) My roommates and I have no initials in common, first or last names, so I just decided to use the initial for our street name (gooby I know!!)
  • brown twine
  • glue gun
  • glue sticks
  • random fabric or already formed flowers (I was going to buy just little scraps of fabric and roll them into roses like the wreath above but it was cheaper to just buy some flowers from the scrapbook section and use those





To Do: 
1. First you need to wrap your letter with the twine. I wrapped mine with about 4 different pieces of twine so I could wrap the curve of the P. Just hot glue it on the back when you start a new piece and keep the twine close so the color of the letter want shine through.


2. Glue on however many flowers you want


3. Glue the letter to the wreath


4. Glue a few more flowers to the wreath
Its that easy!





My finished product!!


Enjoy!
XoXo Bon



No comments:

Post a Comment